Crimson Threads

Sunday 29 September 2013

Autumn/ Winter trends '13 - The Fashion

Hello all,

Autumn is at long last here & even though I may need too many hot water bottles & twice as much tea , it brings with it all the chunky knits & cosy hats from last year ( this makes me happy ). Every year of course there are certain 'trends' that come around & while I'm not one to stick to them religiously( my bank account won't allow it) it's no harm to have a little look at what's out there. Here are my top 5 trends for A/W '13 & where you can achieve them.


1) Tartan 
Tartan has taken over the catwalks & highstreet, and for good reason as it's a really quick & easy way to spice up any outfit.  I'm not one to wear it head to toe but if you feel your outfit is looking a bit Plain Jane why not throw on this pattern in some way?

€24- Boohoo click here
Skinny jeans- €17, Penneys

Socks- €5.14 , Missguided click me


2) Oversized Outerwear
I have always loved a more 'boyish' fitted blazer/jacket so this trend suits me down to the ground. If you're thinking about investing in an oversized piece I would advise keeping it in ether a black/grey or nude/neutral colour. Any of these will go with just about anything & will make sure you get value for your hard earned pennies .


€30.07, Sheinside click me


€31.76- Sheinside click here



€29.99- New Look click here




3) Burgundy...AGAIN
I don't know what it is about this magical colour that's so special but I think it's safe to say we've all found a place for it in our hearts. What's great about this 'trend' is that since we've been around it so long our wardrobes are probably full of it already, but for anyone of you out there that want to get a few new pieces here's some I have my eye on 


Dress - €23 - Prettylittlething click me ( this would be perfect for party season)



Top -€22, Boohoo click here



Trousers - €45, Boohoo click here




4) Lacey Lace
Lace is back with a vengeance and it's no wonder! It screams luxury & glamour and it is perfect for the upcoming party season ( It's too early to say the C word). Here are some gorgeous & affordable pieces available 

€20, Dorothy Perkins click here 


€45.11 - Missguided, click me


€22.19- YESSTYLE click me



5) Velvet 
Velvet is definitely the fabric version of Marmite, some hate it, some love it. If you're one of the posse that love it you'll be glad to know that it's back in action again this Autumn/Winter. Here are my favourite ways to wear it

Leggings- €11.91, E-bay click me 
I recently bought this pair of leggings & I don't mean to be rash but I'm in love!



 €10.70 , E-Bay click me
This colour is perfecr for A/W



I hope this was helpful to somebody somewhere, stay tuned for my A/W Make-up trends
Thank you for reading,

'Til next time -
Hannah xx

1 comment: