Crimson Threads

Friday 13 September 2013

The Best of Rimmel

Hello there,


 When it comes to make-up I'm always on the hunt for a product that is of great quality but doesn't come with the designer price tag, because let's face it our money can be more wisely spent on other important necessities such as Penney's fluffy socks and dairy milks.
        I remember the glorious day when I first discovered the wonders of makeup and I heard those sweet angels sing Hallelujah! To some people make-up may seem a biteen artificial but I've always held a different meaning to it- It can really make you feel so much better about yourself . Didn't sleep?Hellooo concealer. Resembling Casper the friendly Ghost? Hey there bronzer!
       Anyhow that's enough sidetracking, time to get to business! Rimmel London (I'll use it by it's full length name to be professional ;) ) was the first makeup brand I ever used and over the past few years I've found some true gems :)


First up - The best blusher you'll ever use in your life!  
"Lasting Finish Soft Colour Mono Blush" in the shade Pink Rose €5.45



Hands down this is the nicest blusher I've ever used. I've worn them all from Max Factor to Benefit, but I always repurchase this beauty. Since I'm as pale as they come I need something brightening for my face and this works wonders. However this magical pot of pink wonder works on all skin tones which I discovered when my sisters "borrowed" it. Really cannot recommend it enough.




Next up - Powder your nose!
"Match Perfection Loose Powder" €9.65


If you're somebody who has only ever used pressed powders then you should try a loose version. Yes they can be messy but the lasting power it gives your makeup is worth it! Before I used this I was the girl that brought her powder on a night out with her only to discover the next morning that it had smashed and made a big mess all over my poor bag. Now however I don't have this problem because one application of this mighty stuff is enough to last me the night on the tiles!



Next - Brow Power!
"Professional Eyebrow Pencil" in the shade Hazel. €4.65



Thanks To Cara Delevinge's signature look It's all about brows these days. I personally use both a powder and pencil when doing mine as I've noticed it's what achieves the most natural look. Again like the blusher this shade just somehow suits a lot of people and is a good basic to have in your make-up bag! 




Next up- Wake up eyes!
 "ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Pencil" in the shade Nude. €4.95



Nude eyeliner is something I've only recently gotten into but now that I'm in, I'm hooked. Nude eyeliner is typically worn on the bottom water line of the eye to give a more awake and fresh look to the eye. This was a trick the makeup artists used back in the 50's & 60's only they used a white pencil. Since then it's been discovered nude gives a more natural look. Another plus is if you have smaller eyes it can give the illusion that you've big,beautiful Bambi eyes. Give it a go, you won't be disappointed.




Next on the list- Classically Red.
"Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss" in shade 110. €6.95





I really love a good red lipstick and for a long time I searched the Pharmacy's shelves high and low for the perfect shade. Until I tried this bad boy and I can honestly say I won't be buying another red lipstick for a very long time. It's a colour that people always seem to comment on and many are shocked to hear the word Rimmel as most are expecting to hear Mac. I have to say the winning factor for me with this lipstick is unlike others it doesn't dry your lips out leaving them feeling like pieces of  (red) sandpaper. Another lipstick in this line is shade 101 which is a lovely rich berry colour and is perfect for this time of year.




Last but not least- Line those lips!
"Exaggerate Automatic Lipliner - Addiction" in the shade Eastend Snob. €5.45




Once upon a time when I heard the word 'lipliner' I thought of an elderly lady shakily drawing it on her lips and getting some on her teeth. Not a nice association by any means and looking back it was sort of mean ( I apologise). However I now realise that lipliner is pretty damn good! Particularly this one. Apply lipliner before you go ahead with lipstick to really make it last or try it another way which I really love - Apply some lip balm and then go ahead and fill your lips fully with this lipliner ( lip balm makes the liner application easier). Then pop a bit more lip balm over the top and hey there pretty lady you have a long lasting lip colour that's unique and again for whatever special reason it's a colour people really seem to comment on! 



What's so great about Rimmel London is not only it's price but it's availability. Most Pharmacies stock it nationwide and now the likes of Penneys, Dunnes Stores and Tesco stock it too. You get great value for money and if there was anything above that interested you in the slightest I really recommend you try it out ...but if you don't like it please don't kill me!

Anyhow in the wise words of Warner Brothers...

Thank you for reading,
Hannah x 

No comments:

Post a Comment